Emergency Dentistry for Glastonbury, CT
By nature, dental emergencies tend to be sudden, scary, and completely unexpected. If you or a loved one is experiencing a severe dental injury or pain, it’s important to stay calm. Time is often of the essence in these situations, so don’t wait – pick up the phone and reach out to our team right away to schedule an emergency appointment! Dr. Brad Heim and Dr. John Carroll will do whatever they can to accommodate your case as soon as possible, and we provide support and guidance over the phone as well.
What exactly is a dental emergency?
There are several situations that our team would consider urgent in nature including:
- Broken tooth
- Partially knocked-out tooth
- Fully knocked-out tooth
- Severe toothache
- Lost crown/filling
- Oral bleeding
- Jaw injury
- Soft tissue injury
How can I reduce my chances of experiencing a dental emergency?
While some emergency situations are unavoidable, patients of all ages can better protect themselves and their smiles by following some simple guidelines:
- Avoid chewing ice, and be careful when enjoying foods that are extremely hard or chewy.
- Wear a mouthguard when playing sports that could involve contact with hard surfaces, projectiles like balls, or other people.
- Use scissors to open difficult packaging, not your teeth.
- Make sure to attend regularly scheduled check-ups and cleanings! These visits are vital because they allow our Glastonbury dentists to locate unnoticed damage and decay as soon as possible treating them today before they can become the dental emergencies of tomorrow.
Our Glastonbury, CT dental office is always open to patients from South Windsor and surrounding areas. Contact us today!